The professional development resource I chose was a TedTalk about teaching. The speaker, Gregory Chahrozian, explains how it's not what you teach. It's about how you teach it.
What I hope to learn in this class is how to accurately evaluate digital data. I want to be able to look at digital data and realize if it's trustworthy or not. How I will apply this in the future by using it when applying for jobs, reading news, and incorporating it into my daily life. With all this AI now, It can be kind of tricky knowing what's accurate and what's not. My prior experiences of using technology in an educational setting come entirely from being on the side of the student. I don't have experience yet of using technology as a teacher. Using technology in an educational setting has gone great. The only downside is a lot of pop-ups and ads. Everything has been easy to find and use to research, do homework, etc. Existing personal learning networks would be YouTube, Instagram, Linkedin, etc. Mainly digital media platforms. I like to learn about politics, music, pop culture, editing, and all kinds of stuff. I've been wanting to learn guitar and when I ...
How I would deal with these concepts as a teacher is by making a fun powerpoint and interactive example. An example could be half the students creating their drawings and the other half copying the drawings. Half of the students drawing would again be split into half. Half trademarking their drawing and the others not. I would then explain why this is wrong with the powerpoint and how it's important to remain authentic. I haven't learned anything new but I do think sometimes it's hard to tell the difference if it's not directly stated. The technology issue I selected is academic dishonesty. A solution I have is to have the kids recite an oath about how it's bad and how they won't do it. Maybe sign a contract instead. I think this depends on the grade. I would also reiterate every month how it's bad and it's important to maintain academic integrity. Oh, also by telling them the serious consequences if they do academic dishonesty. I think generative AI i...
Comments
Post a Comment