Blog Post #1
What I hope to learn in this class is how to accurately evaluate digital data. I want to be able to look at digital data and realize if it's trustworthy or not. How I will apply this in the future by using it when applying for jobs, reading news, and incorporating it into my daily life. With all this AI now, It can be kind of tricky knowing what's accurate and what's not.
My prior experiences of using technology in an educational setting come entirely from being on the side of the student. I don't have experience yet of using technology as a teacher. Using technology in an educational setting has gone great. The only downside is a lot of pop-ups and ads. Everything has been easy to find and use to research, do homework, etc.
Existing personal learning networks would be YouTube, Instagram, Linkedin, etc. Mainly digital media platforms. I like to learn about politics, music, pop culture, editing, and all kinds of stuff. I've been wanting to learn guitar and when I get one, I'll mainly use YouTube and friends that already know how to play. That's mainly what I use for anything I need/want to learn.
Hi Ava! Your post does an amazing job outlining your goals and experiences with technology. I agree that with the use of AI it can be tricky to tell what is accurate, so I admire that you want to learn more about this. As students I feel like a good bit of our time spent on technology is for academic purposes. However, I think that wanting to learn more about the guitar through the use of YouTube is the perfect intersection between educational and personal technology usage!
ReplyDeleteHi Ava, I really appreciate your focus on learning how to evaluate digital data—being able to identify trustworthy information is such an important skill, especially with the rise of AI. Your perspective as a student using technology is relatable, and it’s great to hear that it’s been helpful for research and homework despite the occasional pop-ups and ads. I love how diverse your personal learning network is, especially your plan to use YouTube and friends to learn guitar—it’s awesome to see you combining digital resources with real-world connections!
ReplyDeleteHi Ava! I really appreciate your curiosity about evaluating digital data! In today’s world, where AI-generated content is everywhere, being able to determine what’s accurate and trustworthy is such an important skill. It’s great that you’re thinking about how this will apply to real-life situations like job searching and news consumption, those are areas where misinformation can spread quickly, so having strong digital literacy will definitely be beneficial. Your approach to personal learning networks is also really relatable! YouTube is such a great resource for hands-on learning, and it’s exciting that you’re planning to use it to learn guitar. Since you mentioned primarily using social media for learning, do you ever find it challenging to filter through content to make sure you're getting reliable information?
ReplyDeleteHi Ava! I enjoyed reading your post and hearing about how you plan to use what we learn in this class. I think it is important to understand how to evaluate digital data because, like you said, there is a lot of fake data out there, especially with the rise in the use of AI technology. YouTube has been a great learning network for me as well because you can find a video on almost anything you want to learn about, whether it is the news, instructions for something, or entertainment. Good luck with learning how to play the guitar!
ReplyDeleteYo! I would like to see the paragraphs be a little longer, but I guess you did fulfill the requirement of four sentences. To make it more of a blog, before each paragraph you can have a section title for what each paragraph is about for future readers. Sometimes even the teacher forget what the writing was supposed to be about, so the section titles would be great.
ReplyDelete