Blog Post #4
The standard I chose was for grades 11-12. The standard is about using technology to create and post work, whether it's group work or not, to create new discussions and get feedback. I feel prepared to implement this standard because I use the Internet and technology every day. Being in school for most of my life, there are so many online resources I've learned of and think would be helpful for others. Plus, I feel confident in teaching others how to use certain software applications.
I picked grade levels 9-12 and subject area Visual Arts. I chose developing and using criteria to select works for a portfolio. I think these resources can be used in my teaching because since I want to teach TV Production, it's important to put something together showcasing your work. Students might not know what to put or what a portfolio is so using these can help them determine what's most important to include. This way, students can get familiar with something they will have to use in the real world.
It's important to be a proficient Internet searcher as a teacher because there are a lot of other tasks to do. Being a teacher is a very demanding job especially when you have multiple classes totaling almost or over 100 students. I will be using the Advanced search on Google. I thought that was super efficient and proficient. There's no new searching skill I found that wasn't introduced that I'll be using.
Hey Ava, I really like how you connected the technology standard to your own experience! It makes total sense that since you've been using tech daily and exploring different online resources throughout school, you'd feel confident teaching others. I think students will really benefit from learning how to use technology effectively, especially when it comes to getting feedback and collaborating online.
ReplyDelete